Get ready for adventure with Molly of Denali from PBS KIDS! In this free app, kids ages 4-8 can explore places in Molly’s Alaskan village, Qyah, and its forests, lakes, and wildlife.
Go on dog sledding missions, fish, create beading projects or help run the Denali Trading Post while using familiar texts such as books, diagrams, and captioned photos to gain information to help them solve problems, accomplish tasks, and help Molly’s friends and family!
Explore Qyah with Molly, Tooey, Trini and more. The educational games help kids learn about nature, Alaskan culture and more through mini games and interactive activities.
The educational games in the Molly of Denali app are designed to support foundational literacy skills.
MOLLY OF DENALI FEATURES:
TEACHING GAMES FOR KIDS
• Crafting Alaskan Native beadwork
• Fishing games
• Dog sledding games
• Virtual village trading post
EXPLORATION AND EDUCATION
• Blueberry picking for Molly’s dad
• Snowball fights with Trini and Tooey
• Drumming with Grandpa Nat
• Viewing wildlife
• And more!
FUN LEARNING GAMES
• Kids from ages 4-8 can get a fun introduction to familiar informational texts and their features
• Learn vocabulary, reading field guides, recipes and maps
• Reading games with diagrams, indexes and captions
• Learn about dog sledding, sustainable fishing, traditional Alaska Native arts
EXPLORE A UNIQUE CULTURE
• Learn about Alaska Native values with a focus on community and traditions
• Language lessons for Alaska Native phrases (i.e. “Mahsi-choo!”)
Visit pbskids.org/molly for more Molly of Denali videos, games, and activities.
Molly of Denali™ Produced by WGBH Boston, Molly of Denali is an action-adventure comedy that follows the adventures of curious and resourceful 10-year-old Molly Mabray, an Alaska Native girl. Molly of Denali is the first nationally distributed children’s series in the U.S. to feature an Alaska Native lead character.
Molly of Denali is designed to help kids ages 4-8 develop knowledge and skills for interacting with informational texts through video content, interactive games, and real-world activities. In each episode, Molly’s life and adventures are enhanced, illuminated, and broadened by using and creating a variety of informational texts, including books, online resources, field guides, historical archives, indigenous knowledge from elders, maps, charts, posters, photos, and more.
About PBS KIDS
Molly of Denali is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers children ages 2-8 the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television, digital media and community-based programs. PBS KIDS and local stations across the country support the entire ecosystem in which children learn, including their teachers, parents and community.