With great promotion from Apple, Laura, Belinda, Jeff, Jolin and the ARTHUR team are proud to see ARTHUR’s Big App in the iTunes store.
PBS KIDS today announced the launch of Arthur’s Big App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, a new app inspired by the hit series ARTHUR. Designed for children ages 6-8, Arthur’s Big App encourages positive social skills through fun and engaging multi-level games. Focusing on the values of friendship, teamwork and helping others, each game allows kids to explore Elwood City and interact with their favorite ARTHUR characters.
“PBS is committed to using the power of digital media to educate and inspire,” said Ira Rubenstein, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Digital, PBS. “As part of fulfilling this mission, PBS offers more than 40 apps for kids and parents. With engaging games and popular ARTHUR characters, Arthur’s Big App leverages the educational potential of touchscreen technology to help children develop the teamwork and collaboration skills that will prepare them for success in school and in life.”
Based on the beloved ARTHUR series, which airs weekdays on PBS KIDS and is produced by WGBH, Arthur’s Big App offers the following features:
- Four unique mini-games hosted in memorable locations around Elwood City
- More than 15 levels per game
- Randomization of gameplay to keep kids engaged
- 50 collectable characters from throughout the history of the series
- A music game in which kids can enjoy a variety of well-known tunes, including the ARTHUR theme song
- A smoothie game in which kids create delicious treats for Sugar Bowl customers
- A library game that challenges kids to find and shelve books before time runs out
- A freeze tag game in which kids “freeze” ARTHUR characters – a fun, digital twist on a classic playground game