GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
GBH Children’s Media is an international leader in creating compelling educational and engaging media for a wide variety of audiences. The group develops content for all major platforms and, please note, this position is focused on digital games development. The department’s work in digital reaches a huge online and mobile audience, in and out of homes and classrooms. This vibrant digital work for kids keeps public media relevant in the 21st century and the collaborative, team-based approach to creating these products makes GBH a dynamic, friendly and exciting place to work. The team also partners with learning scientists to build the research base for understanding early learning with interactive technology. This position would be in the Children’s Media department, supporting a variety of digital kids apps and game-based projects.
The Digital Coordinating Producer will work in close collaboration with the Executive Producer and Senior Producers to manage the production of educational games, websites, and other digital learning resources to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget and at an industry-leading level of quality.
- Work with Executive Producer and Senior Producer to manage production timelines for digital games and features: schedule and manage resources, run production meetings and standups, oversee sprint planning and JIRA ticketing, distribute deliverables to reviewers and coordinate feedback.
- Support Executive Producer and Senior Producer in executing the creative direction for digital features.
- Manage specification documents, plans, and deliverables for digital features.
- Work with Senior Producer and Producer to produce and write content for digital features.
- Manage play testing with children.
- Act as point person for voice records: coordinate casting materials and scripts; liaise with studio; attend records.
- Oversee Quality Assurance process.
- Support collaboration with researchers and advisors; help manage client and vendor relationships; act as point person across GBH departments.
- Work closely with Executive Producer and Senior Producer on content planning for future projects.
- In general, support the production team: attend series-related meetings and creative reviews; work with Executive Producer and Senior Producer to create presentations; submit materials for award opportunities.
- Mentor Production Coordinator and interns.
- Digital games and website production experience essential.
- Must have demonstrated ability to motivate and manage production staff and promote teamwork.
- Ability to deliver high-quality product within time, scope, and budget constraints.
- Must have excellent management skills, writing ability and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors or equivalent work experience. Candidates should have strong digital production experience, with an affinity and enthusiasm for working with technology, education and children’s media; experience developing ideas for digital learning products; ability to work collaboratively across diverse teams and with all levels of staff and stakeholders. Creative problem solver with strong sense of initiative. Four to five years of production experience.
This is a staff position
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.